Since 2009 I have done a lot of work for Innovate UK, formerly known as the Technology Strategy Board.
In 2010/11 I helped set up ICTomorrow by working as a consultant on the TSB trial platform. Later I instigated a collaboration with Abertay University to fund game projects and I also led the Digital Licensing Framework along with a Copyright laywer friend of mine named Nic Garnet.
I have monitored over 70 grant funded projects to help a wide range of companies that have been carrying out highly innovative research in some of the following areas:
- Teaching children English literacy through music games
- Teaching children Business skills through mobile games
- Teaching molecular Chemistry through virtual reality
- Using games technology to create a problem based learning environment in a lab
- Increasing the efficacy of adult learning
- Next Generation Beacon technology
- Improving sharing and workflow for music creators
- Next generation loyalty card functionality
- Next generation facial recognition for games
- Reducing piracy of digital content